If you’re planning to move, there are a few steps you can take to eliminate some of the stress that often comes along with the process:
1. Contact a moving company. Depending on the time of year, moving companies can be booked way in advance. If you’re planning to do it yourself, make sure you secure a moving truck for the day of your move.
2. Sort and purge. Go through each room in your home and get rid of those items you don’t need, want, or use anymore. You can donate them or sell them at a yard sale, but don’t hang on to things you don’t need if you want a smoother move.
3. Contact the post office with your new address. Many times, it can often take as long as four to six weeks for your address to be changed. If you’re moving out of the area, request your medical records as well; that way, when you get to your new area doctor, you’ll have all your prior medical records ready to go.
4. Ask friends and family for help, whether that be with packing your belongings or loading up the truck.
5. Hire a babysitter or a petsitter for the day of the move. That way, they’ll be out of the movers’ way and you and your pets will have fewer things to stress about on the important day.
If you have any other questions about taking the stress out of moving or real estate in general, let us be your resource. Give us a call and let’s see how we can help your goals become a reality.