If you’re looking to sell your home in the spring market this year, here are five tips to help you succeed:
1. Get a pre-inspection. The majority of buyers will already be getting an inspection, and wouldn’t it be nice if there aren’t any repairs that need to be made? With a pre-inspection, you can already have them done before your house goes under contract.
2. Declutter. Start packing up all those items you don’t use now; you’re going to be moving them eventually anyway. While you’re at it, give your home a good deep clean. This includes scrubbing your baseboards, cleaning your carpets, and generally freshening up the whole home.
3. Spruce up your landscaping. Replace any dead bushes and plants, clean up the debris, and make your yard look nice with some fresh flowers and decorative plants.
Start packing up all those items you don’t use now; you’re going to be moving them eventually anyway.
4. Consider some upgrades. Some upgrades, like renovated kitchens and bathrooms, have the highest rate of return. However, if you don’t need to go to all that trouble, some minor updates will do—hardware, light fixtures, etc.
5. Hire a professional stager. After you’ve followed my other tips, hire a professional stager to come in and make your home magazine picture-perfect.
If you have any questions about selling your home, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to help you.