If you’re a home seller or may become one in the future, here is a list of things to avoid that can scare buyers away:
1. Bad odors. These include pet odors, cigarette smoke, or the musty smell of a vacant home. Your home should have a nice, fresh scent without overdoing it.
2. Flooring. If you have bad carpets or chipped tile, that can turn buyers off. You may need to deep clean or even replace some flooring.
3. Paint. You want to make sure that your walls are neutral in color to appeal to the highest number of buyers. Rooms with bright colors can certainly scare buyers away. Paint is inexpensive so this is an easy fix to make.
4. Clutter. I always recommend packing away the stuff you’re not using before you list. We want buyers looking at your home, not your personal items.
5. Take care of bugs/insects. If there are any signs of insects in the home, make sure to get rid of them. These are often in the corners of garages and basements.
6. Bad landscaping. Curb appeal is so important, so make sure your bushes are trimmed up, your yard is clear, and it’s easy to get to the door.
If you have any questions for us, feel free to reach out via phone or email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.